- The Windham County Sheriff's Office arrested Yvonne. D. Shippee, 55, of Dummerston, for enabling consumption by a minor. A vehicle was stopped on Putney Landing Road in Putney for a motor vehicle violation. Subsequent investigation at the scene led to the arrest of Shippee. Shippee was cited in to Vermont Superior Court — Windham Criminal Division at a later date.
- At 9:30 p.m., Vermont State Police were conducting a follow-up investigation at 36 Floyd's Way in Pownal to assist the Wilmington Police Department in locating a reported lost item that was believed to be at that address. While conducting the investigation, troopers learned that one of the people located at the address, Jeff Waldron, 26, of Whitingham, had an active arrest warrant from Windham County for a probation violation. Waldron was taken into custody and transported to the Vermont State Police Barracks in Shaftsbury. Waldron was then later remanded to the Marble Valley Correctional Facility.
- On Aug. 7, Vermont State Police began investigating Richard Mercier, 63, of Putney, after learning he had not notified the Vermont Sex Offender Registry that he had changed his residence/address in late 2016. As a result Mercier was arrested on Sept. 11 for sex offender-failure to report change of address. He was released on citation to appear in Windham Criminal Court on Oct. 17.
- Vermont State Police investigated a motor vehicle crash on Interstate 91 in Westminster. During the course of the investigation, a passenger in one of the involved vehicles, Timothy Shepard, 37, of Sanbornton, N.H, was found to have an active arrest warrant. Shepard was taken into custody and transported to the State Police Barracks where he was processed. Shepard was transported to the Southern State Correctional Facility as he was unable to pay the $750 bail on the warrant.
- At 2:20 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a vandalism report of a mural on a wall owned by the Vermont Agency of Transportation at the intersection of Route 100 and Route 11 in Londonderry. Anyone who might have information is urged to call 802-722-4600.
- At just past 11 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on School Street in Westminster. An occupant of the vehicle, Michael Polcari, 28, of Langdon, N.H., had an active warrant out for his arrest in Windham County. Polcari was subsequently arrested and transported to the Southern State Correctional Facility.
- Sometime between 6 p.m. on Sept. 13 and 8 a.m. on Sept. 14, someone stole several food items and loose change from the Whetstone Ledges Farm Stand. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Vermont State Police at 802-722-4600.
- The Windham County Sheriff's Office arrested Simon Revo, 30, of Bridgehampton, N.Y., for an outstanding warrant out of Bennington County, Vermont. Revo's vehicle was stopped in Jamaica Village for a motor vehicle violation. Subsequent investigation led to his arrest. Revo was transport to the Vermont Superior Court - Windham Criminal division.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.