All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steven Hunziker, 26, of Brattleboro, was sent to the Springfield Correctional Facility after Brattleboro Probation and Parole revoked his probation due to a sexual assault allegation. The Brattleboro Police Department and the Windham County Safe Place conducted a joint investigation. The police department filed a charging affidavit with the Windham County State's Attorney's Office, accusing Hunziker of sexually assaulting a female adult. Hunziker is on probation for a non-sexual related offense and will appear in court at a later date to answer the charge of sexual assault. As of April 12, he was still being lodged at the correctional facility.
- At 10:40 a.m., while assisting the Windham County Sherriff's Department with a crash investigation on Route 30 in Jamaica, it was discovered by the Vermont State Police that Dianna Fletcher's license to drive was criminally suspended. Fletcher, 38, of Jamaica, was cited for the offense.
- Just before 1 p.m., a member of the Vermont State Police attempted to conduct a motor vehicle stop of a vehicle on Route 30 in Newfane for two minor motor vehicle infractions. After the trooper activated the emergency blue lights and siren on the fully marked State Police cruiser, the vehicle fled from the trooper. During the pursuit, speeds exceeded 90 miles per hour. The vehicle ultimately stopped on River Road in Newfane. The juvenile male operator was arrested for negligent operation, excessive speed, attempting to elude and a violation of juvenile probation. The male was processed at the Windham County Sheriff's office and issued a citation to appear in the Windham Family Court.
- At 1:51 p.m., the Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department arrested Terrence S. McCormick, 59, of Hinsdale, on a bench warrant. The bail commissioner was notified and McCormick was released on bail pending his arraignment in court at a later date.
- At 3:58 p.m., the Vermont State Police observed Alicia R. Simonds, 28, of Saxtons River, operate a vehicle into the parking lot of the Sunoco gas station in Rockingham. A query of Simonds' license showed she is currently criminally suspended. Simonds was issued a citation to appear court. A licensed operator later arrived on scene and removed the vehicle.
- At 5 p.m., the Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department arrested Aaliyah D. Jacobs, 18, of Hinsdale, for driving after revocation or suspension and default or breach of bail conditions. The bail commissioner was notified and Jacobs was released on bail pending her arraignment in court at a later date.
- At 5:15 p.m., troopers with the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Rockingham. During the course of the stop, troopers developed probable cause of criminal activity. During a consensual search of the vehicle, troopers located 280 bags of heroin. As a result, Randy Hook, 44, of Hartland, was arrested and processed for trafficking heroin, possession of heroin, importation of heroin into Vermont and possession of a weapon while committing a felony. He was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.