- Colby McGinn, Brattleboro Union High School class of 2014, graduated from the University of Vermont Magna cum Laude with a bachelor of science in mathematics. He received the Mathematics Senior Award for achievement of the highest level of excellence in mathematics. He will be attending the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont in the fall.
- The following area students at the Community College of Vermont were named to the Spring 2018 President's List: Ryan Weeks of Brattleboro; Natasha Diamondstone-Kohout of Dummerston; and Tia Gilbeau of Guilford. This honor recognizes full-time students with a 4.0 grade point average.
- The following area students at the Community College of Vermont were named to the Spring 2018 Student Honors List: Shaylyn Burke and Kelly Hill of Bellows Falls; Amy Maguire, Megan Manley, Abigail Rus-Neacsu, Caitlin Senni, Jonah Siegel, Jessica Weiner, Christi White and Jessica Wright of Brattleboro; NancyJean Flood of Brookline; Dimitar Radev of Guilford; Kaylee Gargett and Tansy Robertshaw of Jamaica; Jessica Heinemann of Newfane; Katharine Bricker of Putney; Hailey Slade of Vernon; Jessica Brown of West Dover; Olin Ruppert-Bousquet of West Townshend; Rebecca Michaud of Westminster; Hailey Gamache of Whitingham; Mae Cramp of Williamsville; Alejandra Mena and Panarach Puangphect Lewis of Wilmington. This honor recognizes part-time students with a 4.0 grade point average.
- The following area students at the Community College of Vermont were named to the Spring 2018 Dean's List: Brooke James and Mikaela Mellish of Bellows Falls; Alyssa Corey, Matthew Delgatto, Nichol Frost, Taylor Humphrey, Isaac Nold and Alden Witman of Brattleboro; Abigail Maken of Brookline; Robin Roberts of Hinsdale, N.H.; Haley Brown and Lindsey Burnell of Marlboro; Emily Mleczko of Putney; Kaya Mulligan of South Londonderry; Kelsea McAuliffe of Townshend; Maggie McKay of Vernon; Isaac Gelineau of Westminster; Tatyanna Bowman, Tabitha Felisko and Tasha Tobey-Pike of Wilmington. This honor recognizes full-time students with a grade point average between 3.5 and 3.99.
- Samantha Van Nostrand, of Brattleboro, has been named to the Dean's List for the spring 2018 semester at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, Conn. She is majoring in Health Promotion Studies.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.