Workshops geared toward small businesses
INSTIG8 is partnering with local experts specializing in management, leadership, technology, SWOT Analysis, and workplace efficiencies. Registration and additional information are available at www.brattleborodevelopment.com.
- Beginning April 11, Jennifer Jacobs and Karen Blumberg of THRIVEeap will facilitate a five-part series on management and leadership entitled "How Does a Leader Inspire, Develop and Motivate?" Using fill-your-toolkit discussions, THRIVEeap will cover these essential topics for today's managers and leaders. Dates: April 11, May 2, May 23, June 13 and June 27. The cost for the entire series is $100, individual workshops are $25. The workshops will be held at BDCC, 76 Cotton Mill Hill.
- On May 3, INSTIG8 will host an information session for a two-part, hands-on workshop with Jeff Lewis and R.T. Brown on May 10 and 17, at BDCC, 76 Cotton Mill Hill. The workshop, "What is SWOT - Refine and Define Your Small Business," involves a structured SWOT analysis to help businesses understand strengths, opportunities, threats, and weaknesses and then use this information to implement change. Recommended attendees for this series are general managers and owners. The cost is $75.
- On May 29, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., INSTIG8 will organize a Small Business Resource Workshop at the Town Office Building, 100 Old School Street, South Londonderry.
The workshop pulls together a variety of resources to help small businesses at various stages. If you're starting up, need to expand, or need to start thinking about transitioning away from the daily operations, resources will be available to help you understand potential next steps.
- On June 5 and 12, Bob Lawson of Sustainable Digital will conduct a hands-on, day-long workshop on the website platform Squarespace. This workshop is structured to help participants design a site, craft each page, and finally turn the site live without the need for a webmaster.
Attendees will work on their own site, using their own computer. The cost for this workshop is $140; it will be held at BDCC, 76 Cotton Mill Hill.
- On June 26, Vermont Manufacturing Extension Service will help businesses become more efficient with their "Fundamentals of Lean Office 101." The workshop focuses on the unique application of LEAN, developed for manufacturing processes, to the office environment where processes are not always visible.
Using an interactive approach, students will use several tools to learn the best way to see a process, identify waste and determine the LEAN tools to use to create a more effective administrative organization. Check the BDCC INSTIG8 website event listings for forthcoming details.
In addition to these training and workshops, INSTIG8 will be hosting several upcoming events for entrepreneurs. On April 30, a Mini-Pitch Pitch Party at Duo Restaurant in Brattleboro, and on June 20 an Idea Jam, location TBD. Also in June, INSTIG8 will sponsor a BDCC Microentrepreneur Loan Program Mixer with the Great Falls Chamber at the Waypoint Center in Bellows Falls.
To stay connected and informed, and register for upcoming events and workshops, refer to the INSTIG8 calendar at www.brattleborodevelopment.com/public-events/category/INSTIG8.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.